- You may make a decision by yourself
- Someone may make a decision for you
- Someone may help you make a decision.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What kinds of decisions are you comfortable making on your own right now?
- What kinds of decisions do you want help with?
- When you ask for help, do you still feel like you are in charge?
- Do you feel like your decisions are respected?
- What kinds of assistance are not helpful to you?
Supported decision-making is a way of getting the help that you want, but still being in charge and feeling respected.