SDMNY is charged with creating an educational campaign to introduce supported decision-making to a large variety of stakeholders including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities; their families; service providers; education and special education professionals; lawyers; judges and the court system; legislators and the general public.
We will do so through:
- Information sessions for stakeholder groups and organizations;
- Written and print materials, including plain language materials;
- The SDMNY website, forums, blogs and social media;
- Presentations at professional conferences;
- Articles in professional and more popular journals and publications;
- Videos and webinars.
For a general introduction to supported decision-making, you might want to watch a video titled Gabby’s story or watch the Michael Bach Video, check out the tool bar at the top of this page, or visit our Resource Library.